Alumni Advisory Council
Alumni Advisory Council
A Strategic Link in Baker’s Stability & Growth
By engaging alumni in University activities, helping alumni connect with one another and promoting philanthropic activities, the Advisory Council is a strategic link in Baker’s stability and growth.
Advisory Council activities include sponsoring the annual Alumni Weekend Awards, which are given to outstanding alumni and friends of the University. In addition, the Advisory Council selects deserving Baker students to receive scholarship grants, made possible through the Alumni Scholarship Fund.
New Council members are selected each year at the annual May meeting. Members include alumni from the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Professional and Graduate Studies, School of Nursing, and the School of Education.
If you would like to join this dynamic, interesting group, please send a cover letter and your resume to the Office of Alumni Relations. P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, Kansas 66006-0065.
Samantha (Woodward) Shores, ’12
Tim Burkindine, ’71
Jan (Sherman) Correll, ’72
Ben Harp, ’14
Chad O’Bryhim, ’09
Darcey (Nance) O’Bryhim, ’10
Paul Shores, ’13
Thom Sutherland, ’81
Kate (Badenoch) White, ’04
Vision & Objectives
1. To facilitate and encourage a continuing affiliation with the University by the members of the Alumni Association.
2. To provide opportunities for scholarship assistance by the Alumni Association to students of the University, and to lead the selection process for recipients of University Alumni Weekend Awards.
3. To facilitate and encourage philanthropic activities in the name of the University by members of the Alumni Association.
The 2022-23 deadline has passed. We will open applications again in March.
We all know how college expenses take a hefty toll on the wallet, so why not take a bit of stress off of your pocketbook? Apply for the Alumni Advisory Council Undergraduate Scholarship! If you know a deserving undergraduate student on one of our campuses, be sure to direct him or her to this page to apply for the scholarship. Please keep a deserving student in mind for this scholarship.
1. All applicants must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for eligibility.
2. All applicants must maintain satisfactory academic progress. (Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 2.50 will not be considered.)
3. All applicants must be undergraduate students enrolled at the Baldwin City campus, School of Nursing campus, or enrolled in the associate or accelerated bachelor’s program at any SPGS campus (including online programs). Students enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program are not eligible for this scholarship.If you have already received this scholarship, you are not eligible to receive it again. Contact the Alumni Office if you have questions at 888.781.2586 or alumni@bakerU.edu.
Office of Alumni Relations
P.O.Box 65 Baldwin City, KS 66006
785.594.4799 | 888.781.2586